the answer man

Arlen Faber: I love kids. They're short, highly emotional people who don't know anything. They rely on their creativity and imagination to get by in the world. A world, I might add, filled with giants. Amazing feat.

Kris Lucas: If God made everything, then why are some things bad? Like the whole pain and suffering thing...
Arlen Faber: Opposites. Without things that suck, you would have no idea what good was, and therefore be directionless. You smell shit, you walk the other way.

Arlen Faber: [into answering machine] I hate answering machines for this very reason, you know, they're like life, you can't take anything back.

Kris Lucas: Why can't I do the things I want to do? There's so much I know I'm capable of that I never actually do. Why is that?
Arlen Faber: The trick is to realize that you're always doing what you want to do... always. Nobody's making you do anything. Once you get that, you see that you're free and that life is really just a series of choices. Nothing happens to you. You choose.

eu simplesmente amei o filme.

3 comments: